A four year-old girl in Mpondwe- Lhubiriha Town Council, Kasese district has succumbed to the porridge burns that she sustained while at school.
The minor who was in her baby class at Global Vine School accidentally fell into a source pan containing hot porridge as she tried to remove her book from a shelf that was located in the area where the school cook had just placed porridge to be served to the learners at break time.
The School’s Head teacher, Joseph Muhindo, says that after placing the porridge in the classroom, the cook immediately moved out to go and collect the accompaniment before serving the already prepared porridge to the children.
The Head teacher adds that after the incident, they immediately rushed the child to Bwera Government General Hospital for treatment but when her condition worsened, she was referred to Kagando Hospital for further management from where she pronounced dead last night.
A close relative to the grieved family told our reporter that the matter has been put to the attention of police at Bwera Divisional Headquarters. However, our reporter couldn’t independently verify the above assertions from the family relative by press time.
Rev. Jackson Nyabutundu, who consoled the grieved family, appealed to the management committees of schools handling children to always take care of them so as to avoid related incidents from happening.
The deceased has been a daughter to one of the Kasese based female Artists, Lovelin Hun and Morris Kiiza. Her body which was previously at Katadoba cell in Mpondwe-Lhubiriha Town Council has been transported to Bundibugyo where it will be buried tomorrow.