Local

Ntandi residents in Bundibugyo are counting loses following Sunday’s fire

By Jack Baluku

On Sunday, fire gutted a three room house at Ntandi Town Council in Bundibugyo District, destroying properties worth millions of shillings.

The fire that started at 12:00pm, originated from a seating room of Mr. Erick Mwenge before it spread to other rooms including the bedroom, store and his shop where it destroyed everything.

Peter Mutsungwe a resident in the area also operating a shop on the next room was also affected and told Journalists they suspected the have to have been caused by an electricity circuit. However, other eyewitnesses have given different views in regard to the source of the fire.

Mr. Julius Thalyalhughabwe, the Local Council one Chairperson for Bundimasoli Central Cell, regretted the incident and hailed a group of residents who swung in action to put off the fire.

Daniel Haggi, the chairperson for the Business community at Ntandi town council, strongly warned the locals from keeping their money in houses stressing the need for them embrace the culture of saving in the bank.

Developing story……..

Related posts

Kasese Woman Member of Parliament donates new brand ambulance to electorates in the district to save the lives of expectant mothers.

Editor

Police in Kasese uses teargas to foil a demonstration by residents over Kilembe Mines Hospital

Editor

Super Mothers Uganda seeks 10M to construct a study center at Kahendero

Editor

District Leaders call for breeding centers for the endangered species.

Editor

UN Chief Urges Sustained Humanitarian Access to Gaza Amidst Crisis

Editor

United Nations Debates Rival Resolutions on Israel-Gaza Conflict

Editor

1 comment

Daddi Wise February 2, 2022 at 7:49 am

Big up on yourself Jack

Reply

Leave a Comment